Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

YA Blockbusters: 2015 Movie Round-up Edition

2015 looks like it is going to be a HUGE year for teen movies.  A large number of these movies are book adaptations, others are sequels to popular franchises, and the remaining few just look like they're going to have wide-spread appeal.

So, without further ado, here's the 2015 awesome movie round-up:
  • March 20, 2015 - Insurgent.  As long as I can continue to forget that Allegiant exists, I will love this movie.
  • May 1, 2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron.  
  • May 15, 2015 - Pitch Perfect 2.  I can't count the number of teens who absolutely love Pitch Perfect.  No bets needed that the sequel will be just as popular.
  • June 5, 2015 - Paper Towns.  Building off the success of Fault in Our Stars, Paper Towns should prove to be popular, but probably NOT as much so as FIOS.
  • June 12, 2015 - Jurassic World.  Dinosaurs, action, blood, a decades-old successful franchise = enough said.
  • September 18, 2015 - Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials.  
  • November 20, 2015 - The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Pt. 2. While I hate that they went the Harry Potter and Twilight route, I can't wait to see Part 2!
  • December 18, 2015 - Star Wars Episode VII:  The Force Awakens.  I admit I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, but I graduated with the new villain of the franchise (Adam Driver) so I'm going to play catch-up and join the legions who can't WAIT for this film to come out!
For the kid in all of us, other notable 2015 movies include the new Spongebob Squarepants film, Peanuts movie, Minions, Pixar's Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur.

Grab your 3D glasses, some popcorn, and kick back - it looks like a great year at the movies!

1 comment:

  1. I SO agree with your opinion on the Divergent series! I was mad when I finished Allegiant!

    ReplyDelete